In Which I Blather On Some More

Saturday, November 1, 2008

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10

10 Random things about me
1. I have a pirate rubber duckie in my bathroom. He's black with an eyepatch and a skull-and-crossbones on him.
2. I hated going to summer camp as a kid.
3. And yet I still kept signing up for it. 3 years at overnight camp and 2 years of daycamp.
4. On the other hand, I loved loved loved ski camp during Feb. vacation.
5. I volunteered to be a Girl Scout leader this year.
6. I like it, but am a little overwhelmed, and am scared of being the "boring leader".
7. I would really like to learn how to shoot a gun but I have no idea who to ask to show me.
8. Which is odd, given the fact that I come from a family of hunter and the only person who doesn't have multiple guns in their house is my aunt in Florida.
9. I fantasize about winning the lottery so I can quit my job.
10. I miss being involved in theatre.

9 Ways to win my heart
1. Read
2. Recommend books to me
3. Read aloud to me when I am sick.
4. Meet my family.
5. Introduce me to yours.
6. Bring toys for my cats.
7. Cook dinner with me.
8. Dance with me.
9. Have a killer smile and a voice that makes me all quivery inside.

8 Of my favorite TV shows
1. How I Met Your Mother
2. Alias
3. NCIS
4. M*A*S*H
5. Jeopardy
6. Monarch of the Glen (before all the original cast left)
7. The Amazing Race
8. Friday Night Lights

7 Things that annoy me
1. Stepping in water puddles from snow melting off shoes and winding up with wet socks. There's a doormat there for a reason, people.
2. Wet socks and cold feet in general.
3. When the cats wake me up 75 minutes before my alarm goes off. Way too early to get up, not enough time to get any more quality sleep in.
4. My own lack of motivation and tendency to procrastinate.
5. Over protective parents. Your daughter is 10 and this is the Girl Scouts for heaven's sake. We've all been background checked and have safety training up the wazoo. You can let her spend the night away from home. Really.
6. People who automatically say "Oh, that explains it" when they find out I'm an only child. As if the fact that my parents didn't provide me with siblings means I'm completely incapable of relating to people.
7. The lack of "left turn on green after yielding" left turn lanes around here. Actually, the majority of the traffic lights around here. I'm half convinced they were programmed by ferrets on acid.

6 Things I want to do before I die
1. Have a better understanding of my own faith and a better relationship with God.
2. Get at least one more degree in something that has nothing to do with engineering.
3. Be a wife.
4. Travel more outside the US.
5. Trace my family history.
6. Run a marathon.

5 Things I am afraid of
1. Fire
2. Spiders and other crawly buggy things.
3. Alarms and other unexpected loud noises. Waking up to an alarm clock every morning is hell, but if I don't have the alarm, I won't wake up until 9:30.
4. That I've become too selective and too comfortable with my own independence and thus will never find anyone I even want to date, let alone marry.
5. Losing my family.

4 Of my favorite items in this room
I am in the guest room/office
1. Penobscot
2. Books!
3. Digital camera
4. The antique ladies' toiletry kit we found when cleaning out my Grammie's house.

3 Things I do every day
1. Check email
2. Read something, even if it's just the back of the cereal box.
3. Eat

2 Things I want to do right now
1. Write up this week's meal plan and then go have dinner.
2. Email my parents and Sandra the pictures from last weekend.

1 Person I want to see right now
I have no idea....

No comments: