In Which I Blather On Some More

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Know What I Did Last Summer

Almost a year ago I posted this list.

Over 10 months later, I am finally getting around to the round-up of how I did. Just in time to start thinking about what I want to do this summer!

  • Running. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, running did not happen. I signed up for a half marathon with L (again!) and did not train for it (again!) and wound up wimping out the morning of and not even trying (again!). I'm pretty sure L will never sign up for a race with me again.
  • I zen'ed out in front of the chiminea exactly 4 times before a couple of my neighbors complained to the condo board and I was told to either get it inspected by the fire department or get rid of it. Spent a morning at work researching NH fire codes and determined that there was pretty much no place acceptable I could put it. So took the chiminea up to Maine for my parents to use, since ME fire code considers it an "enclosed fireplace" structure.
  • I had tapas and sangria on Newbury St and it was as wonderful as expected.
  • I successfully planned the canoe/kayak/camping trip, and did not stress out too much. The biggest stress was trying to get Creep and all his stuff in my car and then headed north in a timely fashion. We had a great mix of people on the trip, some of whom camped both nights, some who only camped Saturday, and some who hung out during the day and hotel camped at night. We also had a great mix of alcohol, food, guitars, and campfires.
  • I hiked a lot during my week's vacation at Acadia with L and Mom, but other than that, no hiking. Need to do better on that this year.
  • I did something inappropriate. Multiple times. I do not regret it. And it was wonderful.
  • I think I sat in the sun with wine and trashy books every time I was at my parents' house in Maine. Still not enough though!
  • Despite having a lot of weekend plans, things did become pretty spontaneous. Lots of impromptu ice cream, wine, dinner, and hanging out. And also some impromptu kissing!
  • Meditating, home DIY projects, and skydiving - yeah right! I was certainly feeling optimistic when I put those on the list....
  • I was only purposeful in my eating if you count purposely eating lots of very yummy food at several very cozy restaurants and cafes. That was not what my original intent was. However, despite my less-than-healthy diet, I managed to lose about 8 lbs over the course of the summer and fall. No idea how that happened, but if you can get the Drinking Wine and Making Out All the Time diet to work for you, I heartily endorse it!
  • I probably did buy a case of wine in restaurant glass and bottle increments. Also not the original intent.
  • It took me until now, but I did finally get my reason to open the French champagne. It was a bittersweet celebration, but the champagne was delicious and worth the wait.

No comments: