In Which I Blather On Some More

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Simple Things for Simple Minds

I'm totally amused by the results of this little internet game.


1. Go to Wikipedia and click on random article. The title of the first article that comes up is your band name.
2. Go to quotationspage.com and click on random quotes. The last 4-5 words of the last quote on the page is your album title.
3. Go to flickr and click on explore last 7 days. The third picture is your album cover.

Surprisingly, I can actually see a lot of these as real band/album combos, and I'm having an entertaining evening making up back stories to go along with them. Examples:

Former 80s star Peter Sidorkiewicz is out of rehab and back in the recording studio with his latest, "People Get What They Want".

Emo band Parade Lap will release "The Greater the Conceit" as soon as they are done navel-gazing.

New age instrumentalists Predeal's "Not to Polluted Eyes" comes in an all-organic CD case.

French punk rockers CĂ´tes de Duras are not selling out and remain true to their roots in "Lies We Tell Ourselves".

No comments: