10:15 PM Israeli time.
11 - number of days a 3oz bottle of contact cleaner will last
14 - number of showers I can take before I run out of shampoo and conditioner (also in 3oz bottles)
16 - number of days before using up a travel-sized tube of toothpaste
4 - greatest number of showers taken in one day
3 - number of those showers that included washing my hair
In my defense, it was the day I went to Masada and the Dead Sea, so one in the morning, one after getting out of the sulfur bath at the spa (no hair washing that time), one after swimming/floating in the Dead Sea, and one when I got back to the hotel in an attempt to not smell like sulfur any longer.
1 - number of restaurants where I actually did see bacon on the menu
0 - number of times I ordered bacon. I figured I could control my cravings and be culturally sensitive for 3 weeks.
Eleventy-six - approximate number of times I craved bacon
$178 - amount spent sending laundry out through the hotel
$107 - additional price it would have been had I not washed socks, unders, bras, and 3 blouses in the bathtub
$4 - price of a can of Coke from the mini bar in the room
3 - number of cans of Coke pulled from the mini bar when I was either too tired to go elsewhere, or it was Sabbath and everything was closed
3 - number of glasses of wine I consumed the night before going to Jerusalem
1 - number of glasses of wine I should have consumed the night before going to Jerusalem
Probably less than 0.5 - liters of water I drank on a hot sunny day wandering around Jerusalem
3 - liters of water I drank on a hot sunny day wandering around the Dead Sea, after learning my lesson the hard way in Jerusalem (plus about 750mL of Coke, for extra liquid and to keep my sugar level somewhat up)
19 - number of days we teased the guy from CA about eating nothing but chicken here
1 - number of days I successfully goaded him into picking the beef dish at lunch. For the record, he said he enjoyed it.
4 - number of days I forgot my key card to get into the office and had to borrow someone else's every time I needed to go to the bathroom
1 - days when I discovered after getting back to the hotel that the key card was actually in my purse all along
3 - number of chicken livers I ate at our class "graduation" dinner. First time I've ever eaten liver. It was actually pretty tasty.
UPDATE, 6/3/11:
2.5 - number of hours it took me to get from being dropped off at Ben Gurion Airport to finally being inside security. They aren't kidding when they tell you to get there at least 3.5 hours early.
No comments:
Post a Comment