In Which I Blather On Some More

Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Productivity

ATDL wrap-up! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanza, and Happy New Year. (No mention of Festivus because while I like the idea, I am the only Gen X-er who hates Seinfeld.)

-call furnace guy
-make sure neighbors will watch the cats, and give them their Christmas presents
-order pictures for holiday cards

-finish writing up holiday letter
-print letter
-print address labels - opted not to and just use non-holiday return labels
-find address book
-finish the damn holiday cards, which will wind up being new year's cards, but whatever
-wrap Auntie L's holiday gift and get it ready to mail
-take everything to the PO (and thank goodness for the 24-hour APC at my PO)
-make another batch of chocolate-dipped spoons
-make another batch of banana bread
-finish putting together goodie bags for work and Miss J's family

-drop off goodie bag for Miss J's family - still need to do this, but promised her I'd wait until this week until some of the cookies and holiday food had been eaten!
-consolidate Christmas presents to wrap and make sure nothing is forgotten
-change sheets on bed
-wash/dry/put away sheets and towels
-wash/dry/put away load of random laundry floating around bedroom
-pack clothes for trip to parents'
-vacuum first floor
-vacuum stairs
-vacuum upstairs
-clean upstairs bathroom
-mix up sugar cookie dough - checked with Mom, and they had plenty of cookies in ME already, so decided to wait until the week after to make some to have when R comes to visit

-bake off sugar cookies
-wrap Christmas presents, then box up
-load car
-clean cat box
-take out garbage
-stop at liquor store for nips and Baileys
-pack up Wii and games to take to parents' house - forgot this, but it was ok as I was only there for a couple of days anyway

So for the most part I was successful. Didn't quite get all the cleaning done before I left that I was hoping to do, but at least the house was pretty well straightened up before I left. It's always nice to come home and have empty surfaces to set down all of the gear I always seem to return with. Tomorrow is back to work time, but hopefully it'll be an easy week.

No comments: