Words do not describe how epically cool today was. We had a windy, rainy, chilly day, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it! I'm truly not sure either my words or my pictures can do it justice, so here's what you need to do.
Go to Iceland. Look up Sterna Travel in Reykjavik. Book their Golden Circle and Kerlingarfjöll Highlands tour. Try to get Gunnar as your tour guide, though I hear Cippy is also excellent. Do NOT wuss out of ANY of it, no matter what the weather conditions. Dress warmer and pack more dry clothes than you think you need, lest you wind up like me with souvenir wool long johns and wool socks! Eat the lamb stew at Gullfoss. Hear lots of stories of trolls and elves. Hike in some incredible areas and mud-ski back down. Touch a glacier. And maybe, if you are very lucky, your tour guide will sing you Icelandic drinking songs on the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment