In Which I Blather On Some More

Monday, February 9, 2009

Arrival

11:45 AM French time


I am in France!


The trip over went well with no problems. The flight from Newark to Geneva was only about 2/3 full. There was a woman seated next to me when we boarded, but she switched seats before takeoff, so I had the row (2 seats) to myself and was able to have a little more room. Managed to sleep for about 3.5 hours. We took off late, but had a great tailwind and landed at 7:05, 20 minutes early.


For 7 AM on a Monday morning, the Geneva airport was empty. I waited about 5 minutes to get though customs and then maybe another 10 for my luggage. Got picked up at the airport and dropped off at my hotel. I was able to check in and get my room, which was great. I am unpacked already. Tried to take a nap but am still too keyed up from arrival, so I gave up and showered instead. Getting ready to go into the factory for the afternoon.


My room is very nice with a country ski chalet motif. A little on the small side, but then again, this is Europe, everything is on the small side. The shower is awesome, and I might decide to stay just for that!


This is the room, looking from the door.


















And the rest of the room (I told you it was small!)


















And the view from the window.

No comments: