In Which I Blather On Some More

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"When I get a little money, I buy books"

"If there is any left, I buy food and clothes."

I have a new job, which means I have a paycheck again, and now I can't stop buying books. It's like a sickness.

I seem to be buying them much faster than I am reading them, though. Part of that stems from the fact that I am trying to read 3 different ones right now, none of them fluff. So the reason I haven't updated the Recent Reads list to the right is that since The Help, there haven't been any recent reads.

I currently have bookmarks in the following:

Exodus by Leon Uris. Since I'm about to head to Israel, I thought I should do a little reading on the area. Luckily I've already read Mitchner's The Source, because there's no way I would get through that as well before the trip.

Border Crossings: American Interactions with Israelis by Lucy Shahar and David Kurz. Recommended reading from several people in the office, and the director of customer service actually brought in his copy for me to borrow.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Was very excited when this was chosen for my online book club, and then fell behind on reading. Discussions were opened up on Sunday and I'm still in the first chapter.

And despite all this reading on my nightstand, here I sit, playing on the internet.

No comments: