Why is the last little bit of a home improvement project always so hard to motivate myself to complete? The latest on a long list of not-quite-done tasks that has been growing since 2006 is the laundry closet redo.
Here's what I've done so far:
-sold the old washer and dryer
-had the walls repaired, the dryer vent moved up to the level of the outlet on the stacked dryer, and an extra subfloor put down
-removed the shelf and patched all the screw holes
-painted the ceiling (1 coat), trim including inside the door frame, and walls (all 2 coats)
-installed press-and-stick vinyl tile floor - please note that there were 6 tiles I could lay whole and 9 that needed to be cut!
-had a new washer and dryer delivered and installed
-bought and assembled a closet shelving unit to go next to the stacked washer and dryer
You know what I need to do before I can call it complete?
-buy 4 extra-long L brackets and secure the shelving unit to the wall (and a shorty level, since mine is too long to fit on the shelves to line everything up)
-install the hanging rod that came with the closet shelving unit. This involves carrying the stepladder upstairs, so you know, quite the effort there! But I can't really do that until the L brackets are on.
-buy some ironable hem tape, turn up the hems of the curtains I use instead of doors, and hang the curtains and rod back up. But again, there's no point in doing this until the other 2 tasks are done, because they'll just be in the way.
If I really wanted to get crazy, I could also reinstall the CO detector in the closet (took it down to paint the ceiling) and mount the little bar light I had on the shelf previously to the door frame. But let's not get carried away here!
Le sigh. Motivation. Sometimes it's so fleeting!
No comments:
Post a Comment