In Which I Blather On Some More

Friday, November 4, 2011

Photo Friday

This is my last-minute-change-of-plans costume for a Halloween party last week. My friends threw an 80s theme party. I was originally going to go a "Like a Prayer"-era Madonna, but decided lace dresses and high heels weren't practical in 6" of snow. And thus was born the idea of going as an 80s-era ski bunny.

Please excuse the crappy camera phone photo - when I asked my friends to take my picture with my actual camera, apparently they did not understand the concept of getting a full shot. I know what my face looks like, I wanted a picture of the costume, dammit!

I had the oversized turtleneck sweater, black belt, pearl necklace, and giant hoop earrings. One 20-minute shopping trip later to Target and Dollar Tree for a hot pink puffy jacket, black running tights, knee-high socks with florescent hearts on them, alpine knit booties, pink fingerless gloves, and giant white-framed sunglasses, and I had the rest of the outfit. Not bad for last minute!

2 comments:

L said...

Cool! But I too, would have liked to see the whole outfit.

craftosaurus said...

Awesome!