In Which I Blather On Some More

Friday, August 24, 2012

Almost There: Another Parisienne ADTL Update

One! More! Week!

- Renew passport since it expires less than 3 months after I'll be traveling and it would be great if the countries I'm planning to visit didn't refuse me entry.
- Make sure taking off the Friday before is ok with my boss. Boss is A-OK with me not working the Friday we leave! Which is good, since we need to be at Logan shortly after noon for our flight.
- Research flights with the work travel agent and confer with Merrow that times/dates work for her too.
- Book flights.
- Research places to stay:
        -Iceland  Booked! We are staying here.
        -Paris (one place or two?) One place, because we don't want to move all our shit merde via Métro halfway thorough. Booked and staying here.
        -Alps Done. C and I finally agreed on a hotel, and Merrow said whatever was good with us was fine with her.
- Book lodgings.
- Research transportation options:
        -Airport transfers in Iceland Booked!
        -Airport transfers in France I think the easiest thing is just going to be to buy a Métro ticket for the trip, rather than trying to add it on to the Navigo Découverte.
        -TGV tickets/France rail pass/Paris metro pass France Rail 5-day pass booked; buying the Métro pass there.
- Plan Iceland activities with Merrow.
- Book any Icelandic adventures that need to be pre-booked. Done! We are doing this and this and this and this! And probably not much sleeping.
- Make a list of everything I want to do in Paris. Done. It is loooooooong.
- Edit list to a realistic length since I will be there for 12 days, not 12 years. Hahahahahahaha, this will not actually happen until I am on the plane home and cannot cram in any more activities.
- Determine what on list shall be done with Merrow and what will be done on my own. We have a rough idea of what we're going to do together. Events will probably include climbing the Eiffel tower, lots of café sitting and wine drinking, the Louvre, the Orangerie, Versailles, and we booked this tour for the first night we're there.
- Book any Parisian activities that need to be pre-booked. Wait, do I really need to pre-book "sit in a café for hours on end with wine, crêpes, and a good book"?
- Plan Alps Side Trip activities:
        -Determine what dates to head to the Alps End of week 2.
        -Determine if there is enough time to make a side side trip to Other Alpine Town Sadly, not this time. Which is too bad, because I know Merrow and C would love it, but they are going to have a kick-ass time in Switzerland, so next time.
- Make any Alpine reservations that are necessary. We're going to play it by ear, so all we really needed booked were the hotel and our train reservations.
- Start packing. This weekend. Really. NOT next Friday morning. I am not going to start this trip stressed out.
- Oh, and re-learn French.  :) Merde. This totally did not happen. Let's hope that I can get by on my 17-years-ago memory and a decent translator app!

No comments: