I currently have 19,164 songs on my iPod. That's down from a high of around 23,000-something, but doesn't include the last few album purchases I've made. Figure another 100 songs to throw in there. That is 54 DAYS of music.
Too much. A lot of this music has been hanging around since my high school and college days - pushing close to 2 decades now. Even more has been, er, not-entirely-legitimately acquired from a friend who's musical tastes are 70% overlapping and 30% "I can't stand that crap". And there's a few songs in the category of "like the artist, bought the whole album, don't care for this song."
So I'm going to edit my collection. My goal is to work my way through all the damn songs (or at least a really good portion of them!) and delete off the ones I don't like. I finally broke down and bought an iPod transmitter so I can listen in my car, which makes this whole project possible. Thank goodness for the Last Skipped column in iTunes, since I can skip what I don't like and then sort them out to delete all at once.
Songs 1-150:
Deleted - 15 songs (really? It seemed like I skipped so many more than that.)
Rediscovered favorites - "A House" by Doves, "Courage" by Glen Phillips, "Colorful" by Rocco Deluca & the Burden
New total: 19,149
No comments:
Post a Comment