11:15 PM Israel time
Today was a much, much better day than yesterday. I screwed up and then successfully fixed some things on one of the machines this morning, and I leveled another one to almost perfect this afternoon. We had much more hands-on time than lecture time, which is really what I need. Especially since I've seen half of these slides in the office already. And we finally started learning about some of the materials too, which I definitely find cool.
I also decided I was tired of the tourist-beach-bar fare and asked some of the Israeli guys in the office for recommendations on restaurants. I came away with a list of suggestions, as well as a tentative plan to grab dinner and drinks with one of the guys tomorrow. I wound up going out for dinner to a recommended seafood place tonight with one of the other Americans. I'd like to hang with the Brits, they seem like a couple of guys who would be a blast to get a drink with, but they both disappear pretty quickly as soon as the taxis drop us off each night.
Anyway, the seafood was fantastic, fresh and with a great fried breading on it. They brought out a tray of meze plates before we even ordered - small salads and coleslaw and veggies. I had a mixed seafood plate, which had calamari and shrimp, both of which were delicious (and huge pieces of calamari).
Brian ordered a mixed fish plate. Oddly, the fish looked to be all the same type. They also still looked like fish. They were delicious, though (we swapped food samples), but a little bony.
This week is going pretty quickly, only two work days left as they work Sunday to Thursday here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Friday, but the office has organized a day trip for all of us to Jerusalem on Saturday, which I'm really looking forward to.
Pictures, finally!
No comments:
Post a Comment