In Which I Blather On Some More

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Israel: T-3 Days

Very very excited about this adventure, but soooo not ready for the actual trip!

Still trying to figure out what I can take as little gifts, a gesture that is apparently valued in the Israeli culture. I'm wondering if I can get away with just postcard (cheap, and easy to pack) but also wonder where I can pick up a stack of NH or Boston postcards in the next 2 days. A friend from high school suggested magnets, which are also easy to pack, but pricier and I really don't know if I have time to find those.

Other than that, I just need to pack, and soon. I'd like to NOT still be shoving stuff inside bags when my ride gets here as I was for the first France trip two years ago. If I can at least get things laid out tonight, then maybe I won't wind up with a ton of excess clothing that I never wind up wearing on this trip! And then there's the little stuff around the house I need to do before I leave - water the plants, vacuum and wipe down the bathroom so I come home to a clean home, do a good cleaning of the litter boxes, make sure all the garbage is out and the fridge is empty. And spend time with the kitties. They are going to be very unhappy about all this.

Friday morning is going to be here very, very soon I think....

No comments: