On my Pinterest account, I currently have 17 different "boards", almost 400 pins, and a lot of ideas of "hey, I should do that some day!" Back this summer, a home DIY blog I read did a Reader Pinterest Challenge where they challenged everyone to pick a project they had pinned and complete it. After all, it's supposed to be inspiration on what we want to do or make, right?
This was my inspiration photo:
![]() |
| Photo from Design Sponge here: http://www.designsponge.com/2011/05/diy-project-clothespin-mirror.html |
I wound up getting 3 different sizes of pins - mini, medium, and large. The large ones were the same size as the ones I already owned. I figured I could alternate sizes around the mirror. Here is everything laid out before I got started:
I tried a couple of different patterns of pin sizes, but eventually decided on a large-mini-medium-mini-medium-mini pattern repeat. It took me 17 repeats to get around the mirror, so that's a total of 18 large, 34 medium, and 68 mini clothespins.
End result:
I love the sunburst pattern that emerged with varying the sizes. I also like that the pins had slightly different wood tones depending on size, so there is some variation in color. The original instructions with the inspiration photo called for gluing the clothespins in place, but I didn't really want them attached permanently. There seems to be plenty of tension in the springs to hold them in place; the mirror has been hanging in the guest room since August and none have fallen off yet.
So - one Pinterest project complete. 399 to go!

3 comments:
I like your version, with the different sizes of clothes pins, better than the inspiration version. Very nice!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Who knew you could buy teeny tiny clothespins?!
Yours is way better than the inspiration photo. I like it!
Post a Comment